Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Gilbert, Antoine" <AG...@korem.com> on 2007/01/03 17:29:58 UTC

Undeploying problem with Tomcat 5.5 and Log4J

Hi list

I deploy an application WAR on a Tomcat 5.5 instance. This application
use Log4j (via commons-logging) and create some logs in a file within
the related Web app directory (/webapps/myWebApp). The file is defined
by a file appender tag in my log4j.xml file.

The problem is when I undeploy this Web app, my Web app directory can't
be deleted because of the log file; it seems to be locked by Tomcat.

Any idea?

Re: Undeploying problem with Tomcat 5.5 and Log4J

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Do you call LogManager.shutdown() in the shutdown method of a
ServletContextListener?  If not, do so and try again.

Jake