Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Prakrati Agrawal <Pr...@mu-sigma.com> on 2012/07/03 12:03:28 UTC

RE: Out of memory error in Hbase

Hi

I am using HBase 0.90.6 - cdh3u4. I am inserting data into the HBase table almost every second using my Java code. After running the program for 3-4 days,  I am getting heap space error while running Hbase on certain nodes of my cluster. I have allocated 2G as the heapspace of Hbase. I can't increase the Heapspace allocated to Hbase, is there some way in which I can prevent this from happening programmatically or through any particular configuration?

The following is the log:

 serverName=server1,60020,1340693606454, load=(requests=4, regions=18,  usedHeap=1972, maxHeap=1993): OutOfMemoryError, aborting
 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:57) at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:329)  at  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOutputStream.java:44)
 at  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ByteBufferOutputStream.<init>(ByteBufferOutputStream.java:37)
 at  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1064)

Thanks
Prakrati

How Manu puts object are sending to the server?
Maybe you should decrease this amount?

Sent from my iPad