Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vijay Murthi <mu...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2006/07/19 22:17:56 UTC

Map getRank()

In MPI, getRank() gives an unique id to identify a process. Is there an
equivalent in Hadoop that uniquely identify each map process?

Thanks,
VJ

Re: Map getRank()

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:18 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:

> Yes, in the configuration object that gets passed to the Task there is
> a "mapred.task.id" field that has the unique taskid. (See
> Task.localizeConfiguration() for even more information.)

I also wrote a Wiki page today on the task execution environment that
includes the localized parameters for tasks at:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/TaskExecutionEnvironment

-- Owen

Re: Map getRank()

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Yes, in the configuration object that gets passed to the Task there is
a "mapred.task.id" field that has the unique taskid. (See
Task.localizeConfiguration() for even more information.)

ben