Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Marco de Abreu <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/06/12 21:07:28 UTC

Ownership of discuss.mxnet.io

Hi everyone,

Due to a PR [1] I had a closer look at discuss.mxnet.io which is a forum to
discuss about MXNet. It's a very helpful platform and provides great
assistance for the community.

When I looked into the terms of services [2] though, I noticed that the ASF
and MXNet ppmc are mentioned as owners.

From my understanding, that forum and the domain are not managed by the ASF
or the mxnet ppmc. Thus, that statement does not seem correct and is rather
a trademark infringement. My understanding is that the platform is operated
by a third party as a community service towards MXNet. Thus, I think it's
important to properly express who's responsible for that platform.

If somebody has any knowledge about the owner of that forum, I'd appreciate
if they could give them a heads up for this thread.

Best regards
Marco

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/pull/18553/files
[2]: https://discuss.mxnet.io/tos

Re: Ownership of discuss.mxnet.io

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Same questions with regards to  https://discuss.gluon.ai/  obviously.

-Marco

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi Marco,

As shared in another reply, I've set up an archive for all future posts on the forum. I can't get to the committer authorization item soon and if you want to help and need access from the forum, I'm happy to help grant you access.

-sz

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.
To address the data loss concern, I'm setting up an archive for all future posts on discuss.mxnet.io to the new archive list [1]. It will take me a while before I get time to work on the rest.

-sz

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?discuss-archive@mxnet.apache.org

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for elaborating!