Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris Patti <cp...@atg.com> on 2000/10/17 22:51:16 UTC

Has anyone written a 'jmake' like task?

Hi all;

My company is thinking about using Ant for our build system.

We currently use and rely on jmake rather heavily.

All it does is take two directories as arguments, sourcedir and destdir.

It compiles all the java files in sourcedir and places the resultant .class
files, plus any .properties etc files it finds along the way, in destdir.

Is there a task in Ant that does this now?

If not we could probably adapt jmake to be an Ant task fairly easily,
although I'd need to figure out who actually owns the source first :)

Thanks,
-Chris

Re: Has anyone written a 'jmake' like task?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 CP> It compiles all the java files in sourcedir and places the
 CP> resultant .class files, plus any .properties etc files it finds
 CP> along the way, in destdir.

sounds like

<javac srcdir="sourcedir" destdir="destdir" />
<copy todir="destdir">
  <fileset dir="sourcedir">
    <include name="**/*.properties" />
  </fileset>
</copy>

to me. Are you sure, this is all jmake does?

Stefan