Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2005/07/07 12:07:17 UTC

cvs problem

I have a batch file for updating my Ant source or committing changes. It
worked the last few months, but for a few days I only get

FATAL ERROR: Unable to authenticate
cvs update: Couldn't connect to remote server - plink error
cvs [update aborted]: Connection to server failed

Doesnt matter wether I use the batch file or directly a "cvs up".
What could be wrong?

Jan

Re: cvs problem

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Jan Materne <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> FATAL ERROR: Unable to authenticate
> cvs update: Couldn't connect to remote server - plink error
> cvs [update aborted]: Connection to server failed

Which hostname do you use in your CVSROOT?  Can you log in via SSH
using that same hostname?

Stefan

Re: cvs problem

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> I have a batch file for updating my Ant source or committing changes. It
> worked the last few months, but for a few days I only get
>
> FATAL ERROR: Unable to authenticate
> cvs update: Couldn't connect to remote server - plink error
> cvs [update aborted]: Connection to server failed
>
> Doesnt matter wether I use the batch file or directly a "cvs up".
> What could be wrong?

plink? are you using windows and SSH with putty?

I use smartcvs which has built in SSH integration. check your password
and keys...