Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de> on 2001/10/12 09:25:46 UTC

Use of Document() and non-valid URLs

Not sure if this is user or dev.

Can someone tell me what the current Xalan implementation does if the URI
passed to the document() function is invalid. I have tested this - putting
something like:

<xsl:value-of select="document('blah.xml')"/>

at the beginning of my stylesheet.

(Tested using current xalan-j build from CVS)

The result is that the whole stylesheet is not processed - and there is no
error message etc. Is this correct? It does not seem to be exactly
user-friendly - when trying to find out what went wrong.

I also cannot find anything on this in bugzilla etc.

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]