Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Larry Foard <La...@watchguard.com> on 2016/11/08 17:12:22 UTC

Windows 7 themes using RDP with guacamole?

When using rdesktop under ubuntu, there is the "normal" round Windows 7 start button.

When using guacamole (24 or 32 bits per pixel), there is a square start button and "hard edged" fonts.

Is this an issue with guacamole itself, or something I need to configure differently? My impression is that a true color RDP session should have been enough to give the "normal" looking windows 7 screen, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks

-Larry

Re: Windows 7 themes using RDP with guacamole?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Larry Foard <La...@watchguard.com> wrote:
> When using rdesktop under ubuntu, there is the "normal" round Windows 7
> start button.
>
> When using guacamole (24 or 32 bits per pixel), there is a square start
> button and "hard edged" fonts.
>
> Is this an issue with guacamole itself, or something I need to configure
> differently? My impression is that a true color RDP session should have been
> enough to give the "normal" looking windows 7 screen, but it doesn't seem to
> make a difference.

Theming and smooth fonts are controlled by RDP's performance flags. In
the case of Guacamole, these specific flags have been mapped to the
"enable-theming" and "enable-font-smoothing" connection parameters,
with both defaulting to "false".

See: http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-perf-flags

Thanks,

- Mike