Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Swart, Nic" <Ni...@ca.com> on 2002/08/13 11:07:04 UTC

RE: Webservices in practice

www.uddi.com :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Haensgen [mailto:P.Haensgen@intershop.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:11 AM
To: axis
Subject: Webservices in practice

Hi there,

this question is not directly related to Axis, but maybe someone knows about
this:

1. I wonder which kinds of commercial webservices already exist and what's
the business functionality they provide.

So far I found Google, who provide a developer kit and a WSDL file (so they
seem to be not far from the standards), and Amazon, who provide yet another
developer kit which supports some proprietary XML requests and their own
SOAP, but no WSDL.

2. Are there any public UDDI registries ready to browse?

thanx,
Peter