Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mikhail Ibraheem <ar...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/08/30 16:36:23 UTC

Overseer task timeout

Hi,We have one node zookeeper and one no solr. Sometimes when trying to create or delete collection there is "SEVERE: null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: delete the collection time out:180s" error.
After checking the code I found that solr puts a task node to zookeeper /overseer/collection-queue-work/qnr-0000012764 /overseer/collection-queue-work/qn-0000012764 then a watcher listen for this and process the task, then delete the response node which triggers the latchWatcher to notify the thread that the task finished. The timeout for this is 180 seconds (hard coded). I think that sometimes the watcher to trigger the processor not triggered? Is that a bug? How to fix that?
Please help.
ThanksMikhail

Re: Overseer task timeout

Posted by Mikhail Ibraheem <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,Zookeeper 3.4.10 and solr 6.6.We prepare to use only one node or more so we currently test with this case.
Did you face it before, or do you know if it is a solr bug?
ThanksMikhail

Which solr and zookeeper version you have. Any why do you  have just 1 node
zookeeper.  Usually you have 3 or so to maintain quorum.

Thnx

Re: Overseer task timeout

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Overseer task timeout