Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by fl...@gmail.com on 2013/06/19 11:01:18 UTC

Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

See <http://localhost:8080/job/flex-sdk_mustella/177/changes>

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I would just be creating more png.xml files and checking them in.  This
will have the side-effect of making a repo clone take longer, and slow
down git status further, but once done just about any player version
should work.

The process I use to create png.xml files is:
1) pick a folder of test that failed.
2) run that folder with -createImages (you can't always just run the
failures because prior tests can affect the display list)
3) run git status to make sure the png files for the failing tests have
not changed
4) if they haven't, add the png.xml files for the failing tests to git and
delete all of the others.
5) if the png files show up as modified, investigate further.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Ok, having to pick two, would you rather run against 11.1 and 11.7
> (both 'long term support') or against 11.1 and the latest and greatest
> released version (currently 11.7, but soon 11.8)?

+1 for 11.1 and 11.7 from me but other people may think differently.

Justin

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Ok, having to pick two, would you rather run against 11.1 and 11.7
(both 'long term support') or against 11.1 and the latest and greatest
released version (currently 11.7, but soon 11.8)?

For AIR we'll always run against the most recent release (non-beta).

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
If 11.7 is the new long term support version, why not move to that as
the "default" FP version for Apache Flex? Why stick with 11.1?

Also, I think we can squeeze 2 full runs of all three targets in a
day. I can set up two sets of tests (e.g. 11.7 and the latests and
greatest - currently the 11.8 beta) or run the same set twice (my
suggestion would be 11.7).

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
FWIW, I think the tests are still running in some earlier namespace.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/20/13 5:04 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>Interesting...
>
>Ran "-apollo", this time got 1059 passing and 68 failing. Note the 4
>'extra' passing results, while there are still 68 failing tests...
>Where did those come from?
Sometimes a SWF just doesn't startup.  I have no idea why.  But there is
no infrastructure to catch that and report how many tests were in it.

>The "-apollo -failures" no works, but reports 0 passing and 52
>failing... What happened to the remaining 16 failures?
This could be an error in the testDir properties of the missing tests.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Interesting...

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Ok, the "-mobile" target also runs now. I see 3932 passing and 18 failing tests.

Now I'll re-run the "-apollo" target to see if the changes to the
-failures command have a positive effect...

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 6/20/13 3:26 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>> 1055 passing and 68 failing tests. The -failures run reports 0 passing
>> and 0 failures, so something is wrong there...
>
>Ah, it looks like what's wrong was me... I didn't put in '-apollo' on
>the failures run. The full command for failures on the AIR tests is
>now: "sh ./mini_run.sh -apollo -failures" Is that correct?
Yup.

Also note that there is a -mobile option that won't require you to muck
with the local.properties file.  You can setup local.properties once but
leave run_mobile_tests and adl_extras commented out and when you run with
-mobile it will set those properties for you.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Hi,

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I just tried it on my Mac.

20 minutes for AIR.
82 minutes for mobile.
Add more for -failures runs if needed.

I got a lot of bitmap failures that I'm looking into now.  Which reminded
me that if a check-in goes bad and generates a lot of bitmap failures that
slows things down (all the bad pngs have to be written to disk).  Is there
any way to set up jenkins to wait N minutes after a job completes before
starting the next job?  What would happen if we run every 12 hours but
sometimes a job doesn't complete in those 12 hours?

-Alex

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
11.1, indeed.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : flex-sdk_mustella #177

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
This is definitely a great milestone :-)

Om

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Cool, we had a clean run!!!