Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stephen Kestle <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 00:31:44 UTC

Why does SearchEngine.listRevisionEntries return 4-6x the results it should?

When I search for revisions using my ivySettings chained resolver
(local+network), I get 4x the amount of version entries returned (we're on
ivy 2.0.0). e.g.

searchEngine = new SearchEngine(ivySettings);
organisation = new OrganisationEntry(ivySettings.getResolver("chain"),
"org")
searchEngine.listRevisionEntries(new ModuleEntry(organisation,
"exact-module-name")

This will give me 4x the results under 2.0.0, and 6x under 2.3.0 rc1.

Is this expected? The only difference between the duplicate RevisionEntries
is the String object (reference).
Should a bug be raised?

I presume it's because I'm just passing my settings file instead of
specifying one resolver by name.
2.0.0's 4x could be explained by the search engine multiplying the
individual resolvers in the chain.
2.3.0's 6x could also be explained by the fact that the ivy settings file
also has an SFTP publishing resolver (not under "chain").

I did try to debug it, but the lack of commenting made it relatively futile
trying to figure out what was going on :(.

I'll update when I use presumably more "sensible" settings (and target my
resolver in the chain specifically)

Cheers

Stephen