Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/11/18 05:09:53 UTC

Base: nested/indexed property support for tags and Digester

Hi all,

I've attached a modified BeanUtils.java that I use locally to
transparently enable getting and setting of nested (or indexed)
properties inside my own taglib and the digester.

This is just a starting point, meaning there are some code changes
_in unrelated methods_ that will prevent compilation. Cutting and
pasting BeanUtils.populate(all variations) and some statics into
the current BeanUtils should give a compilable, working class.

The digester should support nested and indexed properties after that
cut&paste without any changes. The form tags may require changes
before gaining full support for n&i properties - but they should
not break with the new version. (The required changes are related
to the fact, that most form tags don't use PropertyUtils.get...
to lookup properties)

Volunteers ?

--
Matthias                          mailto:make@BESToffers.de

BTW: You may also want to have a look at the optimized filter() method.
Doing the same as the old one in less time ;)