Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Kant Kodali <ka...@peernova.com> on 2017/05/10 21:54:15 UTC

Does partition size limitation still exists in Cassandra 3.10 given there is a B-tree implementation?

Hi All,

Cassandra community had always been recommending 100MB per partition as a
sweet spot however does this limitation still exist given there is a B-tree
implementation to identify rows inside a partition?

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/rows/BTreeRow.java

Thanks!

Re: Does partition size limitation still exists in Cassandra 3.10 given there is a B-tree implementation?

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@internalcircle.com>.
I'm almost done with a rebased trunk patch. Hit a few snags. I want nothing more to finish this thing... The latest issue was due to range tombstones and the fact that the deletion time was being stored in the index from 3.0 onwards. I hope to have everything pushed very shortly. Sorry for the delay, I'm doing my best... there is never enough hours in the day. :)

best,
kjellman

Posted by Kant Kodali <ka...@peernova.com>.

Posted by Kant Kodali <ka...@peernova.com>.