Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shuai Zheng <zh...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 14:39:06 UTC

Re: Spanish characters

Add the following line into your web.xml

 <filter>
  <filter-name>SetCharacterEncoding</filter-name>
  <filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter
</filter-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>encoding</param-name>
   <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </filter>

 <filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>SetCharacterEncoding</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
 </filter-mapping>
 <filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>SetCharacterEncoding</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
 </filter-mapping>

BTW: spring.jar must in your class path.

Regards,

Zheng Shuai

Re: Spanish characters

Posted by Borut Hadžialić <bo...@gmail.com>.
You must call request.setCharacterEncoding *before* you read anything
from your request.

The most convenient way to do this is using a filter, like mr. Zheng suggested.

On 2/15/07, Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy> wrote:
> Dou you mean that i must put in every jsp page something like this
>
> <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
> pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
>
> Juan

Why?
Because YES!

Re: Spanish characters

Posted by Shuai Zheng <zh...@gmail.com>.
Juan is correct.

For myself, I just add the following line into every page:
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

And also, save all the page under UTF-8 mode. If you use Eclipse, you can
see the encode in file properties.

Re: Spanish characters

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Spanish characters