Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pascal GEND <pa...@esstin.uhp-nancy.fr> on 2002/06/04 12:12:11 UTC

Managing applications with apache/tomcat403/mod_webapp

Hello,

I installed tomcat403 and mod_webapp.
I read in the documentation that it is possible to manage applications (for instance mytomcatapp1 and mytomcatapp2) with:
http://www.mywebsite.org:8080/manager/reload?path=mytomcatapp1

It works with tomcat which is running in standalone on port 8080: I can start, stop, reload mytomcatapp1 without reloading mytomcatapp2 for instance

But mytomcatapp1 and mytomcatapp2 are also declared at the end of  my apache httpd.conf file:
WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy website1 conn /mytomcatapp1
WebAppDeploy website2 conn /mytomcatapp2

I tried to do the same using apache which talks to tomcat:
http://www.mywebsite.org/manager/reload?path=mytomcatapp1

and I got an error because of a security problem (at the end of this message): so I have to reload the whole Tomcat server for only one application I have to reload
HOW TO DO please?

Pascal

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance

root cause
java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application