Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2008/01/10 00:08:50 UTC

Re: Problem using client side form validation feature. Friends, please help!!!

This is normal. From the documentation for the html:javascript tag [1]

"... The dynamicJavascript and staticJavascript attributes default to
true, but if dynamicJavascript is set to <code>true</code>  and
staticJavascript is set to <code>false</code> then only the dynamic
JavaScript will be rendered. If dynamicJavascript is set to
then only the static JavaScript will be rendered which can then be put
in separate JSP page so the browser can cache the static JavaScript."

What you are seeing is the static part. Try setting staticJavascript to
false to see the difference. I think that will give you what you want in
your page, but note that you still need to make that static code
available to the page.

To do that, create a JSP to render just the static Javascript (i.e. a
JSP with an html:javascript tag, where dynamicJavascript is set to false
and staticJavascript is set to true). Then reference that JSP from a
<script> tag in the original page.

L.

[1]
http://struts.apache.org/1.3.9/struts-taglib/tagreference.html#javascript