Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pedro Gaspar <pi...@visto.com> on 2001/06/16 02:35:03 UTC

Tomcat and PWS under Win98

Hi.
I've just finished configuring Tomcat to work with PWS following the How To guide and I'd like to make a suggestion, if it is ok.

I lost several hours with an error due to a misunderstanding of step 8 in the configuration of the ISAPI Redirector.

I think the way the procedure is written led me to believe that I should create a new key named "Filter DLLs" under HKEY_LOCAL_...\Parameters, inside which I created a string value named "jakarta" with the value set to the path of the isapi_redirect.dll.

In fact, what has to be done is to create a new string value named "Filter DLLs" under HKEY_LOCAL_...\Parameters with the value set to the path of the isapi_redirect.dll.

I think it would be best to rephrase this step in order to keep others from misunderstanding it like I did.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Pedro Gaspar.

Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.