Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/16 14:53:10 UTC

[VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the seventh candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.7.0.

* Configurable TCP connection timeout and improve the initial metadata fetch
* Enforce broker-wide and per-listener connection creation rate (KIP-612,
part 1)
* Throttle Create Topic, Create Partition and Delete Topic Operations
* Add TRACE-level end-to-end latency metrics to Streams
* Add Broker-side SCRAM Config API
* Support PEM format for SSL certificates and private key
* Add RocksDB Memory Consumption to RocksDB Metrics
* Add Sliding-Window support for Aggregations

This release also includes a few other features, 53 improvements, and 91
bug fixes.

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, December 21, 12 PM ET

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~bbejeck/kafka-2.7.0-rc6/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~bbejeck/kafka-2.7.0-rc6/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.7 branch) is the 2.7.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.7.0-rc6

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/27/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/27/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.7 branch:
Unit/integration tests:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Kafka%2Fkafka-2.7-jdk8/detail/kafka-2.7-jdk8/81/

Thanks,
Bill

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Thanks for running the release Bill!

+1 (binding)

- verified signatures
- build from sources and ran tests
- verified quickstarts using Scala 2.12 binaries

-Matthias

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.
Sorry, that should actually say (non-binding) :)

Thanks Bill!

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Thanks for taking on this release, Bill!

I'm +1 (binding).

I verified the signatures, built from source, and ran all
the tests. I also read over the upgrade documentation.

Thanks,
-John

Re: [VOTE] 2.7.0 RC6

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Thank you for the release, Bill!
I validated signatures, built from source package and ran the perf
producer/consumer to validate.

--
Gwen Shapira
Engineering Manager | Confluent