Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 23:32:50 UTC

Re: openjpa-x.x.x/lib/persistence-api-1.0.jar

> > Also have you given any thought to reducing the number of jars to make
> > it easier for users to configure?
>
> We've thought about it and even discussed it, but haven't done
> anything about it yet.

I noticed that we include commons-logging and the JMS spec jar in our
download. To the best of my knowledge, these are not required. I'm
going to remove them from the dist. That reduces things to just
commons-lang, commons-collections, commons-pool, serp, JTA, JPA, and
Derby.

At some point, we should re-evaluate shipping with Derby, or consider
creating a Java 6 download that uses JavaDB instead.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907