Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com> on 2019/01/15 08:43:00 UTC

Protobuf handling Jmeter

Hi guys,

Any idea on handling of Protobuf requests via Jmeter ?

Thanks,
Prateek

--

::DISCLAIMER::

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.

Re: Protobuf handling Jmeter

Posted by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com>.
Thanks Deepak. Example 2 is the concern in my case. Yeah we are going via
writing Java Code approach but thought of any other alternative to do this.

Thanks,
Prateek

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com>.
Hi Deepak,

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Proto requests via Jmeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I think you are asking 2 different questions here
a. How to generate a protobuf request in JMeter - That would need you to
use the Java API to generate the request -
https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/javatutorial
b. How to actually send it to the API - Assuming this is still HTTP based
then I think either you need to save a file and send that or use the HTTP
Raw request from jmeter plugins.
There isnt a way to convert JSON to protobuf in jmeter as far as I know(Im
assuming your dev team has already provided you the .proto files which
could be generated from JSON) and record and replay is not much use when
you are dealing with binary formats unless you want to replicate exactly
the same thing , no parameterisation or variations (almost never the case
in any testing automation).

regards
deepak

Proto requests via Jmeter