Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Milan Tomic <to...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/30 14:40:46 UTC

WebServices client

I would like to test my web service, so I need a client. My web service takes an XSD Element and returns an XSD Element. Is there some example of such a client? Since input argument is large XML, I would like to load it from a file, rather then building it in code.

Thank you in advance,
Milan

Re: WebServices client

Posted by Philipp Leitner <ph...@gmx.at>.
Although I have to confess that I lack any idea of what you mean by
"takes an XSD element and returns an XSD element"* I think that the
easiest way of testing a Web Service is to create client stubs using
wsdl2java (comes along with your Axis2 distribution) and use this stubs
to test the service. The whole process should not take < 30 minutes in
general.

Alternatively I have often used XFire (http://xfire.codehaus.org/) to
quickly test services ...

/philipp

* my best guess is that you wanted to say that the service uses an
IN-OUT MEP, and that it takes a parameter as complex type for IN and
returns another complex type as OUT