Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 12:08:21 UTC

Re: Next OpenCMIS Release

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Huebel, Jens <j....@sap.com> wrote:

> IMHO it would be sufficient to release zip packages. I assume they can be
> extracted on all platforms meanwhile.

That would be easier to maintain / release. But it's a pretty standard
thing to have both ZIP and TGZ in Apache distributions.

Nevertheless, if any community user had any issue with removing the tgz
packages, it most likely would have complained on this thread now.

So unless I hear any concern on this, I'll remove the tgz packages from the
distribution and note that in the annoucement email.

I will proceed with the release this week,

Gab

--
Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Open source and ECM Architect