Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/12/21 18:08:14 UTC

IBM WebSphere and its Power(less)ClassLoader [c2]

After trying a trick from someone in the WebSphere
news list, it failed miserably.  Basically, in order
to have a fully transportable application we would
need to have all of the logicsheets external to Cocoon.
In other words, we put them in the war file like this:

${context}/WEB-INF/logicsheets/sitemap/*.xsl
${context}/WEB-INF/logicsheets/xsp/*.xsl

The cocoon.xconf file would refer to them like this:

file://./WEB-INF/logicsheets/sitemap/sitemap.xsl

I find this to be awful, but something that *can*
be done for Servlet Containers with broken classloaders.

There is a benefit to doing it that way:  We can actively
develop the logicsheets without having to recompile Cocoon!
Limiting issue is that the logicsheets are assumed to be
unchanging so they would have to be monitored for altered
times.

If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis