Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/07/26 03:28:15 UTC

[m2-snapshot-repo] Permissions need to be massaged to allow group read write access

Enrique,

You have files in the m2 snapshot repo from a deploy which need to have the
group rw permissions
added to them here on people.apache.org:

     /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Please fix this. Make sure you massage permissions on each deployment.

We need to either fix maven's deploy plugin or make sure we massage
permissions after each deploy.
I think Trustin had a fix for it at some point but I don't think the maven
guys incorporated it.

Alex

Re: [m2-snapshot-repo] Permissions need to be massaged to allow group read write access

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David !

I successfully deployed shared-xxx with the settings-xml you provided.
Saddly, the <password> setting does not work... I will have to copy my
laptop private key on people.a.o.

E.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [m2-snapshot-repo] Permissions need to be massaged to allow group read write access

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
<settings>

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just have to deploy shared, but I don't have my usual computer. Can
someone provide me a settings.xml file ?

Thanks !

On 7/27/07, Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/25/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > we did a couple of experiments here and we think you need to:
> >
> > set umask 2 in .bashrc.  For non-interactive remote shell access such as
> > through scp this is the file executed, not .bash_profile
> >
> > in ~/.m2/settings.xml set
> >
> >            <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
> >            <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
> > for each repository you are deploying to.  We're not so sure about the 2nd
> > point, but this works for me and we found that the source file permissions
> > do have an effect on the target file permissions together with the umask,
> > and these settings affect what maven presents as the source file
> > permissions.
>
> The combination of both of these settings (.bashrc && settings.xml)
> worked for me.  Nice!
>
> With just umask it didn't work.
>
> Enrique

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [m2-snapshot-repo] Permissions need to be massaged to allow group read write access

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
we did a couple of experiments here and we think you need to:

set umask 2 in .bashrc.  For non-interactive remote shell access such
as through scp this is the file executed, not .bash_profile

in ~/.m2/settings.xml set

            <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
            <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
for each repository you are deploying to.  We're not so sure about
the 2nd point, but this works for me and we found that the source
file permissions do have an effect on the target file permissions
together with the umask, and these settings affect what maven
presents as the source file permissions.

this is all too easy to mess up -- a lot of geronimo comitters have
problems with this too.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
OK, done.  I'm aware of the issue and (usually) remember to 'chmod'
after each deploy.

Enrique