Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 12:10:16 UTC

[m2] eclipse:eclipse downloadSources

Hi there,

Is there any distinction between the downloadSources and
eclipseDownloadSources config params?  The doc doesn't seem to make it
too clear:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/eclipse-mojo.html

Also, the doc mentions avoiding repeated checks for source jars by
using a cache file - is this implemented in 2.2 or is it a new 2.3
feature?  2.2 seems to check every time for me.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: [m2] eclipse:eclipse downloadSources

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 06/12/06, Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org> wrote:
> eclipseDownloadSources  is deprecated, tha name has been changed to
> downloadSources  with the scope to make it consistent with other
> IDE-related plugins.
> The download status cache is only implemented in recent snapshots, you
> will not find it on 2.2

Cool, cheers for the clarification.

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
eclipseDownloadSources  is deprecated, tha name has been changed to
downloadSources  with the scope to make it consistent with other
IDE-related plugins.
The download status cache is only implemented in recent snapshots, you
will not find it on 2.2

fabrizio

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK eclipseDownloadSources  is deprecated as downloadSources property is
shared with other IDE plugins to enable generic dependencies sources
downloading.

Nico.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 06/12/06, Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc> wrote:
> It says it stores the cache file in "target".  This seems a little odd
> as you are going to lose it everytime you do a clean.

I don't even get a cache file appearing - it rechecks the source and
javadoc jars every time.

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.