Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ca...@superig.com.br> on 2004/01/16 12:40:03 UTC

html:errors break line

         Hi there! I have a page that renders all my erros, called
errors.jsp (duh!). What I'm trying to do is if the user's session has
expired, I'll forward him using a javascript, after an alert: Here's how my
code looks like:

<SCRIPT>
function sessionExpired(){
alert("<html:errors property="sessionExpiredString"/>");
top.frames.location="index.jsp";
}
function refreshScreen() {
}
</SCRIPT>

Now, let's suppose the session has expired: the code displays this:

<SCRIPT>
         function sessionExpired(){
                 alert("
Session expired! Please login again!

");
                 top.frames.location="index.jsp";
         }
         function refreshScreen() {

sessionExpired();

         }
</SCRIPT>

As you can see, errors property sessionExpiredFunction writes the function
to be called. and the
errosExpiredString, the warning string. Problem is, I have a new line,
before and after it, invalidating my alert() method.
Any way to solve this? Or maybe a better solution for the problem?

Thanks

Vinicius