Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/05 01:03:17 UTC

Simple question that I have no idea about: paramets in ajax event listeners..

Hello all!

Is there a way to specify parameters for a listener method annotated
with the EventListener annotaton, as i might with directlink? My use
case is:

I have a search which in turn has a Next | Back row. I want next to be
given the page range and the same for back. Using a standard
directlink might look like :

          listener = "listener: changePages" parameters = "ognl: {1,20
}"> next </a>

How might I acheive the  same thing using ajax?

I thought about really going a long way around and doing a form and
then encoding the parameters in there and then having a standard link
update the region ont he page using the values submitted by the form
and so on.. but ..... eeew..

Any ideas/help would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance,
Peace,