Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/04/12 17:42:29 UTC

Next PMC meeting times?

At the last PMC meeting we scheduled the next PMC meeting for Monday, 16
April 2001 at 1900 GMT.  Now that daylight savings time has swapped
hemispheres, it might make sense to revisit this.

The two somewhat workable times are 1200 GMT and 2000 GMT.  I'd like to
hear opinions on the following two options:

A:
   8AM     California
   11AM    NY
   1200    GMT
   1400    Zurich
   2200    Melbourne

B:
   4PM     California
   7PM     NY
   2000    GMT
   2200    Zurich
   0600    Melbourne (Tuesday)

 = = = = = = = =

Proposed Venue:

   irc: cvs.working-dogs.com:6667, #jakarta

Proposed Agenda:

1. Old Business:

   1.1  Ted: reformat the rules for revolutionaries document from an email
        to a bylaw

   1.2  Ted: revise bylaws

   1.3  Ceki: proposal for cvs layout & build procedures

   1.4  Sam: pmc election process

2. New Business

   3.1  Consistent mailing list policies (moderation, etc)

3. Subproject status

   I'd like each person identified in 2.2 of
   http://jakarta.apache.org/site/pmc/01-03-19-meeting-summary.html to
   present a  brief (one or two sentences is fine) summary of the current
   state of their subprojects.

4. Other changes in status of PMC members

   How to handle James Duncan Davidson's quasi-emeritus status?

5. Selecting a time for the next meeting

- Sam Ruby

Re: Next PMC meeting times?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

> At the last PMC meeting we scheduled the next PMC meeting for Monday, 16
> April 2001 at 1900 GMT.  Now that daylight savings time has swapped
> hemispheres, it might make sense to revisit this.
>
> The two somewhat workable times are 1200 GMT and 2000 GMT.  I'd like to
> hear opinions on the following two options:
>
> A:
>    8AM     California
>    11AM    NY
>    1200    GMT
>    1400    Zurich
>    2200    Melbourne
>
> B:
>    4PM     California
>    7PM     NY
>    2000    GMT
>    2200    Zurich
>    0600    Melbourne (Tuesday)

I would prefer 'A', but am ok with either.

Geir Magnusson Jr.                               geirm@optonline.net

Re: Next PMC meeting times?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

> At the last PMC meeting we scheduled the next PMC meeting for Monday, 16
> April 2001 at 1900 GMT.  Now that daylight savings time has swapped
> hemispheres, it might make sense to revisit this.
>
> The two somewhat workable times are 1200 GMT and 2000 GMT.  I'd like to
> hear opinions on the following two options:
>
> A:
>    8AM     California
>    11AM    NY
>    1200    GMT
>    1400    Zurich
>    2200    Melbourne
>
> B:
>    4PM     California
>    7PM     NY
>    2000    GMT
>    2200    Zurich
>    0600    Melbourne (Tuesday)

+1

>  = = = = = = = =
>
> Proposed Venue:
>
>    irc: cvs.working-dogs.com:6667, #jakarta
>
> Proposed Agenda:
>
> 1. Old Business:
>
>    1.1  Ted: reformat the rules for revolutionaries document from an email
>         to a bylaw
>
>    1.2  Ted: revise bylaws
>
>    1.3  Ceki: proposal for cvs layout & build procedures
>
>    1.4  Sam: pmc election process
>
> 2. New Business
>
>    3.1  Consistent mailing list policies (moderation, etc)
>
> 3. Subproject status
>
>    I'd like each person identified in 2.2 of
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/pmc/01-03-19-meeting-summary.html to
>    present a  brief (one or two sentences is fine) summary of the current
>    state of their subprojects.
>
> 4. Other changes in status of PMC members
>
>    How to handle James Duncan Davidson's quasi-emeritus status?
>
> 5. Selecting a time for the next meeting
>
> - Sam Ruby

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Next PMC meeting times?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Sam Ruby wrote:
> A:
>    8AM     California
>    11AM    NY
>    1200    GMT
>    1400    Zurich
>    2200    Melbourne
>
> B:
>    4PM     California
>    7PM     NY
>    2000    GMT
>    2200    Zurich
>    0600    Melbourne (Tuesday)

B - Conflict on Monday with A.

Re: Next PMC meeting times?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Ceki [iso-8859-1] G�lc� wrote:

> At 11:42 12.04.2001 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> >At the last PMC meeting we scheduled the next PMC meeting for Monday, 16
> >April 2001 at 1900 GMT.  Now that daylight savings time has swapped
> >hemispheres, it might make sense to revisit this.
> >
> >The two somewhat workable times are 1200 GMT and 2000 GMT.  I'd like to
> >hear opinions on the following two options:
> >
> >A:
> >   8AM     California
> >   11AM    NY
> >   1200    GMT
> >   1400    Zurich
> >   2200    Melbourne
>
> +1
>

> >B:
> >   4PM     California
> >   7PM     NY
> >   2000    GMT
> >   2200    Zurich
> >   0600    Melbourne (Tuesday)
>
> 0K but A: is preferred.

Either time is fine with me.

> > = = = = = = = =
> >
> >Proposed Venue:
> >
> >   irc: cvs.working-dogs.com:6667, #jakarta
> >
> >Proposed Agenda:
> >
> >1. Old Business:
> >
> >   1.1  Ted: reformat the rules for revolutionaries document from an email
> >        to a bylaw
> >
> >   1.2  Ted: revise bylaws
> >
> >   1.3  Ceki: proposal for cvs layout & build procedures
>
> As far as I know, no work has been done on the ANT build procedures yet. I'll have a shot at it unless someone else does it first. Ceki

There's some discussion of this topic going on in jakarta-commons at the
moment.  For now it's same-old same-old, but who knows ... we might agree
to agree someday, instead of agreeing to disagree.

> --
> Ceki G�lc�     Web: http://qos.ch
> email: cgu@qos.ch or ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com

Craig

Re: Next PMC meeting times?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch>.
At 11:42 12.04.2001 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
>At the last PMC meeting we scheduled the next PMC meeting for Monday, 16
>April 2001 at 1900 GMT.  Now that daylight savings time has swapped
>hemispheres, it might make sense to revisit this.
>
>The two somewhat workable times are 1200 GMT and 2000 GMT.  I'd like to
>hear opinions on the following two options:
>
>A:
>   8AM     California
>   11AM    NY
>   1200    GMT
>   1400    Zurich
>   2200    Melbourne

+1

>B:
>   4PM     California
>   7PM     NY
>   2000    GMT
>   2200    Zurich
>   0600    Melbourne (Tuesday)

0K but A: is preferred.

Ceki Gülcü     Web: http://qos.ch
email: cgu@qos.ch or ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com

Re: Next PMC meeting times?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 11:42  12/4/01 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
>At the last PMC meeting we scheduled the next PMC meeting for Monday, 16
>April 2001 at 1900 GMT.  Now that daylight savings time has swapped
>hemispheres, it might make sense to revisit this.
>
>The two somewhat workable times are 1200 GMT and 2000 GMT.  I'd like to
>hear opinions on the following two options:
>
>A:
>   8AM     California
>   11AM    NY
>   1200    GMT