Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Panu Hällfors <pa...@hallfors.com> on 2005/07/06 14:58:16 UTC

License of jsr173_api.jar?

Hello, everybody!

XMLBeans 2.0.0 seems to include jsr173_api.jar, which is
apparently from Sun. Is it?

If it is, under which license is it used in XMLBeans? I'm
looking into using XMLBeans in some projects and I'd like
to make sure it doesn't carry any dangerously licensed code
with it.

A tutorial of Sun that uses jsr173_api.jar seems to be
licensed under http://developer.sun.com/berkeley_license.html,
but I'm really not sure if this is the real case with
the jar. Even if it is, shouldn't there be a notice about
it in the NOTICE.txt?

Thanks,

    Panu Hällfors

--
 http://panu.hallfors.com

Re: License of jsr173_api.jar?

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <co...@yahoo.com>.
--- Panu Hällfors <pa...@hallfors.com> wrote:

> Hello, everybody!
>
> XMLBeans 2.0.0 seems to include jsr173_api.jar,
> which is
> apparently from Sun. Is it?

Panu, that jar includes StAX API, which was developed
as part of JCP 173. It's probably used to allow
XMLBeans to use any of stax-based XML parsers for
parsing/writing XML.
I think API is technically copyright by BEA.
I will cc this to the stax list, since many of expert
group members are on that list (including
specification lead).

-+ Tatu +-