Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tw...@imn.htwk-leipzig.de on 2004/03/16 14:23:38 UTC

generating jar and setting CLASSPATH

Hi,

i try to generate a jar-file from my project with maven. I have discovered that maven uses for the jar-goal the maven-jar-plugin. There are some properties with this plugin to say: "set my Class-Path into MANIFEST" and "set my Main-Class into MANIFEST". I won't create a extra manifest.mf file, the plugin should set the classpath dependend on my dependencies from the project.xml file.

But the Class-Path and Main-Class entries, in the resulting MANIFEST file, inside the generated jar file, are empty ;-(

Whats wrong? Have anyone the same problem?

I use maven-1.0-rc1 and have tested the maven-jar-plugin with version 1.3 and 1.4.

Follwoing properties are set in my project.properties file:

maven.jar.mainclass=org.columba.core.main.Main
# the following statement work, but we must update them
# also if we need other dependencies
#maven.jar.manifest=${basedir}/manifest.mf
maven.jar.manifest.classpath.add=true

Another question: Can i set a prefix for all Class-path entries? I try to generate from the dependencies following Class-Path output in the MANIFEST file:

Class-Path: lib/jscf-.0.1.jar lib/juni-3.1.8.jar

instead of

Class-Path: jscf-.0.1.jar juni-3.1.8.jar

Many thanks,

Thomas Wabner

-------- SIgnature --------
Thomas Wabner