Posted to geospatial@apache.org by George Percivall <gp...@opengeospatial.org> on 2018/09/19 12:53:46 UTC

Geospatial at ApacheCon NA - Wednesday, Sept 26th

You are invited to join the Geospatial Track and a BOF during ApacheCon NA next week.

On Wednesday, Sept 26th, we have a great line up presentations
On either end of the presentations will be coordination opportunities.
Location/room: Terrasse
10:15 - Geospatial Track introduction - George Percivall
10:25 - Which geospatial API for the cloud? - Martin Desruisseaux
11:15 - Spatial index optimization and GIS query support on Druid using Apache Lucene - Kyungtaak and Navis
12:15 - Spatial query on vanilla databases - Julian Hyde

13:05 - Lunch, on your own

14:30 - Interacting with Billions of National Water Model (NWM) Predictions using Apache Kafka and MapD - Aaron Williams and Ben Lewis=
15:30 - Apache Spark MLib applied to geospatial imagery for flood indication - Jean-Francois Rajotte and Tom Landry
16:30 - Apache Science Data Analytics Platform (SDAP) -  Lewis McGibbney
16:55 - Geospatial data and processing in Apache projects - George Percivall
19:00 - Geospatial BOF in  Expo Area
All of the abstracts on one page can be found here: http://www.opengeospatial.org/node/2740 <http://www.opengeospatial.org/node/2740>

Full schedule for ApacheCon https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/schedule/2018-09-26 <https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/schedule/2018-09-26>

George

George Percivall
CTO, Chief Engineer
Open Geospatial Consortium
gpercivall@opengeospatial.org
@Percivall

Keep up with OGC: http://newsletter.opengeospatial.org

Re: Geospatial at ApacheCon NA - Wednesday, Sept 26th

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Excellent George,
Is there any remote participation? Does the value permit/provide that this
year?
Thanks
Lewis

--