Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Guido <gu...@ribera.tel.uva.es> on 2003/04/05 14:19:10 UTC

[OT] My Struts webapp and hosting

Hola!

I only want to show you my first Struts app. http://sharedfilms.no-ip.com

Problems i've found:
 - My database (mySQL) pool  connections seem to crash when they are idle
for some time (6-10 hours?)  I have the autoReconnect parameter in the
connection url.
 - i18n is not working for me (now it is only Spanish). I have both
ApplicationResources.properties and ApplicationResources_en.properties. Is
this the right way?
 - Register process is confusing because I use security managed by Tomcat
with a j_security form, blah blah blah

Now the application is in my PC with Tomcat because I have not found any
very cheep_ Struts hosting.

Regards,
Guido.

Re: [OT] My Struts webapp and hosting

Posted by Dan Allen <da...@mojavelinux.com>.
Guido (guigar@ribera.tel.uva.es) wrote:

> Hola!
>
> I only want to show you my first Struts app. http://sharedfilms.no-ip.com
>
> Problems i've found:
>  - My database (mySQL) pool  connections seem to crash when they are idle
> for some time (6-10 hours?)  I have the autoReconnect parameter in the
> connection url.
>  - i18n is not working for me (now it is only Spanish). I have both
> ApplicationResources.properties and ApplicationResources_en.properties. Is
> this the right way?
>  - Register process is confusing because I use security managed by Tomcat
> with a j_security form, blah blah blah
>
> Now the application is in my PC with Tomcat because I have not found any
> very cheep_ Struts hosting.

Try digitalspace.net  I only recommend them because I just worked
with them to get on of my applications together and they are very
responsive and very friendly.  There are a lot of webhosts out
there, but what marks the difference is one that cares about you.
These guys definitely think their customers are important.  I won't
recommend them if I didn't have the great experience that I did.
Some of their webbased configuration tools are sort of cheesy, but
then again, you are paying only 6 - 12 a month.

Dan

RE: [OT] My Struts webapp and hosting

Posted by Steve Armstrong <bi...@sympatico.ca>.
Quick plug for inexpensive Java web app hosting:

http://www.kgbinternet.com/

Cheers,
-Steve