Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au> on 2013/08/29 07:39:45 UTC

High Ingest on a single server [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

UNOFFICIAL

We are seeing a single server that has less entries than all the other nodes in the cluster.  Accumulo now appears to be directing higher ingest tablets to this node and its now getting 7 times the ingest entries than all other nodes and is slowing or load.  Does Accumulo attempt to balance disk usage across the nodes for a table by moving tablets and that is why we are seeing this node ingesting more?

If not, is it possible to make accumulo rebalance the ingest across all servers during a load?

Matt

RE: High Ingest on a single server [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Do you have unhosted tablets (check the monitor)?

If so and you're doing live ingest (sorry, I forget if you've already
said), loggers might have died whose WAL files you need. Try to quiesce
reads/writes, do a start-all.sh and try to get all the tablets assigned.
The monitor should be helpful if its something more than missing WAL files
due to dead loggers.

Then, see if the master starts balancing things again.

Posted by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au>.
UNOFFICIAL

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au>.
UNOFFICIAL

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
Accumulo can't use its quantum probability features until you stop
monitoring it. :)