Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by serwa akoto quarshie <se...@rancardsolutions.com> on 2002/09/18 20:59:48 UTC

comparing free javabased mail servers

-----Original Message-----
From: serwa akoto quarshie [mailto:serwa@rancardsolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 8:47 PM
To: James Users List
Subject: RE: JAMES support +1000 users?

Still waiting for more responses.
Would also need to know how to  addd users to James from a Windows platform.

Hello everybody,

I pretty new to the world of mail servers.
What I basically want is a stable free java based mail server, which
provides APIs that can be called from within a portal and can cache data in
a windows environment
I would however be most grateful if some one could give me review on jmail
and James. I'm looking at java proxy as a proxy server as well.
Comparative advantages with respec to these issues will be a great help
thank you.
Stability
Cost implications (money, time, resource)
Any alternatives suggestions are welcome. Time is my most precious resource
now.
Thank you.