Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> on 2023/03/18 12:54:47 UTC

Re: Extension/Branding : Updating existing HTML :: CSS Selectors not working

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 9:57 AM Mauricio Silveira
<ma...@livreti.com.br> wrote:

> Hi all.
>

> Is there any in-depth reference of the selectors with examples for
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#updating-existing-html
> ???
>
> It seems like many selectors are not working. A simple selector for HEAD
> element doesn't work.
>
> Many selectors that work with JS document.querySelector(), are not
> working in guacamole ext.
>

> I'm trying to get PWA code into <HEAD> element, <link rel="manifest"
> href="/app/ext/mypwa/pwa/manifest.json" />.
>
> My current html/pwa.html is:

> <link rel="manifest" href="/app/ext/guacamole-braslab/pwa/manifest.json" />
>

> Am I doing something wrong here?

I think you may be hitting a situation that Guacamole actually doesn't
currently support. I believe that the current support only works
within the <body></body> tags, and maybe only within specific places
within the body (the Guacamole interface). The following Jira issue
documents support for "root-level" modification of the HTML:

-Nick