Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Ritesh Kumar Singh <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/05 16:45:13 UTC

Starting off with Lucene

I just downloaded lucene and built it using ant build with ivy-bootstrapper.

The command given on tutorial page :

>java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -docs ~/lucene-4.10.0/demo/src

gave me this error:
Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles

Where are all the class files located. How can I get started off with this?

Re: Starting off with Lucene

Posted by Aman Tandon <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I haven't downloaded the same but you can try with this suppose,
*grep -nr "IndexFiles" .*

This command will gave you the list of the location where this file exist
then you can go before the org directory then
try to run with the same command i guess this can help.

With Regards
Aman Tandon