Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Pete Carlson <pe...@tetraconcepts.com> on 2013/11/22 18:31:42 UTC

Questions implememting storm-jms code

Hi Taylor,

I created packages in my Java project to add some of the storm-jms classes
and interfaces, but I'm still a little unclear how to wire them up to my
existing Java code.  Since I'm using ActiveMQ with Spring and Camel I know
that I have to wire the spout as an instance bean inside my
applicationContext.xml.

I'm a visual person, so perhaps an example would help.

Here are the packages I created in my java project, and the storm-jms
classes/interfaces I inserted:

   - backtype.storm.contrib.jms
      - JmsMessageProducer.java
      - JmsProvider.java
      - JmsTupleProducer.java
   - backtype.storm.contrib.jms.bolt
      - JmsBolt.java
   - backtype.storm.contrib.jms.spout
      - JmsSpout.java

Btw, in the JmsBolt class my Eclipse gives me errors for @Override
annotations on the following methods:

   - Line 134: The method execute(Tuple) of type JmsBolt must override a
   superclass method
   - Line 174: The method declareOutputFields(OutputFieldsDeclarer) of type
   JmsBolt must override a superclass method
   - Line 181: The method prepare(Map, TopologyContext, OutputCollector) of
   type JmsBolt must override a superclass method

Am I possibly missing another class or interface that I need?

Is there a simple way I can configure my bolt to acknowledge all the
tuples, to verify spout functionality?

Regards,

Pete

--