Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ashokc <as...@qualcomm.com> on 2009/06/04 21:21:31 UTC

How to disable posting updates from a remote server

Hi,

I find that I am freely able to post to my production SOLR server, from any
other host that can run the post command. So somebody can wipe out the whole
index by posting a delete query. Is there a way SOLR can be configured so
that it will take updates ONLY from the server on which it is running?
Thanks - ashok

Re: How to disable posting updates from a remote server

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Take a look at the security section in the wiki, u could do this with
firewall rules or password access.

Posted by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com>.
ashokc schrieb:
> I find that I am freely able to post to my production SOLR server,
> from any other host that can run the post command. So somebody can
> wipe out the whole index by posting a delete query.

Control this at the IP level, have your server listen on 127.0.0.1
or on a private subnet address.

Michael Ludwig