Posted to user@struts.apache.org by strutting <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/24 10:54:30 UTC

Combining the iterator tag with the tree tag (problem with label field)

Hi All,

I'm new in struts and I can't solve a little problem... I'm trying to
populating a tree with data from a database, and I'd like to do that using
the iterator tag. My code is the following one:

<s:tree theme = "ajax" id = "root" label = "Reservations">
    	<s:iterator value = "reservations">
    		<s:treenode theme = "ajax" label="Reservation ID: <s:property value =
"rid"/>">
    			<s:treenode theme = "ajax" label="Is a pre-reservation? : <s:property
value = "isPre"/>"/>
    			<s:treenode theme = "ajax" label="Services">
    				<s:iterator value = "services">
    					<s:treenode theme = "ajax" label=<s:property value="sid"/> />
    					<s:treenode theme = "ajax" label="Automatic activation: <s:property
value="automaticActivation"/>/>
    				</s:iterator>
    			</s:treenode>
    		</s:treenode>
    	</s:iterator>
    </s:tree>

The definition of the data type reservations:

Reservation[] reservation
     int rid;
     boolean is Pre;
     Service[] services;
          int sid;
          boolean automaticActivation;

The problem is the LABEL field that only allows Strings. I'd like to fill
this field with the evaluation of the iterator property.

Can someone help me? I've looking for this in many tutorials, forums... but
I haven't found anything...

Thanks in advance!