Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@apache.org> on 2014/12/09 13:32:50 UTC

[DRAFT] Board report Q4 2014

All,

The board report is due again. Below the draft report, please send me your suggestions, additions, basically any kind of feedback.

Cheers,

Hugo

DESCRIPTION
Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage
large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform.

ISSUES

None

CURRENT ACTIVITY
* The community is working on the next major release (4.5.0) of Apache CloudStack.
 The first release candidate is available already.
* Ongoing efforts in fixing bugs and findings from static code analysis
 resulted in a number of bug fixes to existing branches.
* Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.0 was released on Nov 11 2014. Apache
 CloudStack CloudMonkey is a CLI tool for interacting with Apache
 CloudStack and is distributed separate from Apache CloudStack
* Apache CloudStack 4.4.1 was released Oct 23 2014. This maintenance release
 will be followed by a second maintenance release 4.4.2 in December.
* The community enjoyed a very successful European CloudStack
 Collaboration Conference (CCCEU). CCCEU in Budapest. The new format including
 a full day single room track and poster sessions seemed to work out well.
* The community is still struggling with way to improve quality and prevent master
 from breaking. Multiple efforts including improved automated testing and work flow
 enhancements are being executed and/or proposed. There is no clear consensus other
 than the generic agreement that the current situation leaves ample room for
 improvement.

RELEASES
Apache CloudStack 4.4.1 was released on Oct 23, 2014.
Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.0 was released on Nov 11, 2014

COMMUNITY
Including the following additions, CloudStack has 96 committers and 32 (+3)
PMC members.

New Committers:
-

New PMC Members:
Ian Duffy (duffy)- Sep 29
Pierre-Luc Dion	(pdion891) - Sep 29
Rajani Kuruturi (rajani) - Oct 16

The Apache CloudStack project remains a high volume community:

dev@ msgs = Nov: 1322, Oct: 1054, Sep: 1421
users@ msgs = Nov: 670, Oct: 557, Sep: 481
issues@ msgs = Nov: 1933, Oct: 1011, Sep: 1671
commits@ msgs = Nov: 1039, Oct: 696, Sep: 826
marketing@ msgs = Nov: 70, Oct: 60, Sep:69
users-cn@ msgs = Nov: 120, Oct: 46, Sep: 61

Re: [DRAFT] Board report Q4 2014

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

> On 09-Dec-2014, at 11:27 pm, Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> wrote:
>
> Shouldn't we add 4.3.2 and 4.4.2 here as well?

4.4.2 is already released so we can add that but 4.3.2 is not yet released.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [DRAFT] Board report Q4 2014

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
CVE isn't mentioned and probably should be.