Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Nishant Aggarwal <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/05 04:28:03 UTC

SQL Statement on DataFrame

Dear All,

I am working on a scenario mentioned below. Need your help:

Task:
Load the data from HBASE using Phoenix into Spark as a DataFrame, do the
operation and store the data back to HBASE using Phoenix. I know this is
feasible via writing code.

My question is, Is it possible to load the HBASE table using Phoenix into a
DataFrame and perform SQL queries on top of it(Instead of writing code) and
store the result back to HBASE ?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Nishant Aggarwal, PMP
Cell No:- +91 99588 94305
http://in.linkedin.com/pub/nishant-aggarwal/53/698/11b

Re: SQL Statement on DataFrame

Posted by Nishant Aggarwal <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

I am using Spark-Shell to do this.
I am using Phoenix's client jar for integrating Spark with HBASE. All the
operations will be done on Spark side.

Thanks,
Nishant

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.