Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 19:12:56 UTC

Kafka Python client

I sent this around on the devs list, but neglected to include the users list. A few weeks ago I put together a "protocol" Python client for Kafka. It doesn't do any of the ZooKeeper/consumer group goodness, just implements the 0.7x protocol.

https://github.com/mumrah/kafka-python

The main thing missing at this point is Snappy support (Gzip is in there though). Feedback is welcome, and of course open up issues on GitHub if you find bugs :)

Cheers
-David

Re: Kafka Python client

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.