Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Rose, John B" <jb...@utk.edu> on 2014/11/06 20:37:04 UTC

[users@httpd] http testing question

Any pro/con views, personal experience, insights on these tools, or any not listed here you think are good?

Ab - Apache
jmeter
Webpagetest
Httperf
Apache Flood

We have tried ab, webpagetest, and jmeter a bit but still learning.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] http testing question

Posted by "Patton, Billy N" <bi...@h3net.com>.
I’ve just finished creating a script that will test my app for content and functionality.
I use WWW::Mechanize and Test::WWW::Mechanize
Getting their nuances took me some trial and error,  There are some thing it is missing, su as proof that a radio button was actually clicked
Or I havn’t figured out that nuance.
For content and functionality it does a good job.
Although I have yet to figure out why it won’t do a follow_link for one of 20, when it will follow it perfectly from the app or from the html, when I view source and click on it.
All this if you have time and not a budget for doing it.

On Nov 7, 2014, at 6:08 AM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Rose, John B <jb...@utk.edu>> wrote:
Any pro/con views, personal experience, insights on these tools, or any not listed here you think are good?

Ab - Apache
jmeter
Webpagetest
Httperf
Apache Flood

We have tried ab, webpagetest, and jmeter a bit but still learning.

Thanks

What aspects do you plan to test?

Most, maybe all, can create arbitrary load on your server, at least when you use multiple clients.
Most, maybe all, can check the HTTP response code.
Some can perform detailed checks of response content.
Some can use the response from one request to drive subsequent requests, such as when simulating login or more complex user flows.

Maybe the question is what combination of load testing and functional testing do you need?

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: [users@httpd] http testing question

Posted by Stefan Magnus Landrø <st...@gmail.com>.
I highly recommend Gatling for load testing. It features non blocking io and can easily drive 50.000 connections from one machine.

Nice DSL too.

Stefan

Sendt fra min iPhone

Posted by "Rose, John B" <jb...@utk.edu>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by KARTHIK SHIVAKUMAR <ns...@gmail.com>.
Try Burp (not free .... paid version)

It is good for http/https/rest/soap ..... testing

with regards
karthik

--

*N.S.KARTHIKR.M.S.COLONYBEHIND BANK OF INDIAR.M.V 2ND STAGEBANGALORE560094*