Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tore yang via user <us...@ignite.apache.org> on 2022/11/03 19:13:47 UTC

Can Apache Ignite 2.14.0 work without H2?

I found this sentence in the 2.14.0 release note:

Calcite-based SQL engine is now independent of H2-based SQL engine and doesn't require 'ignite-indexing' module and H2 to be in classpath anymore.

However when I start a simplest Ignite object, it gives error saying class not found for org.h2.value.ValueByte, am I missing anything.

Due to the security vulnerability of H2, all my Ignite applications were forced to stop at work I thought the version 2.14.0 allows me to get rid of H2. Anybody can give me an idea if I can have my apps running without H2?

Thanks

Re: Can Apache Ignite 2.14.0 work without H2?

Posted by Konstantin Orlov <ko...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Tore,

Just checked and it worked like a charm. The steps described by Mike is all you actually need to do to run Ignite without H2.

If you're still getting the exception, could you also share steps to reproduce?

Konstantin Orlov

Posted by Mike Wiesenberg <mw...@gmail.com>.