Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by alpha_one_x86 <al...@laposte.net> on 2007/11/18 18:19:21 UTC

certificat in apache geronimo

Hello, I have buy my certificat in a CA (certificat autority), How I can
setup the certificat in apache geronimo? What I need setup too?
Thanks for your help, I have try but not with success.

Re: certificat in apache geronimo

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I assume that you have already imported the certificate issued by the CA
into the keystore file.  Geronimo requires that the keystore file and
private-key entry have the same password.  If the two passwords are not the
same, change either of the passwords by using "-storepassword" or
"-keypassword" option of keytool.  Once this step is done. Start the
geronimo server.  Access the "keystores" portlet in Admin Console and create
a new keystore with the same name and password as your keystore file.  This
will create an empty keystore under
<geronimo_install_dir>\var\security\keystores dir.  Stop the server and
overwrite the newly created keystore with your orginal keystore file.   Now
start the server and access  "keystores" portlet in  Admin Console.  You
will now be able to unlock your keystore for editing/availability and view
the keystore contents.  Unlock the keystore for availability.  Access the
"Web Servers" portlet to edit/create an HTTPS connector to use this new
keystore.  Click on "edit" link next to HTTPS connector, change the keystore
filename and password to use your keystore file and Save.  In the web
servers portlet, stop and start the HTTPS connector.  Now accessing
https://localhost:8443 should show that your new certificate is being used.

The steps would have been simpler if keystores portlet was used originally
to generate the CSR.  Post to the mailing list if you run into any problem.

++Vamsi

Posted by alpha_one_x86 <al...@laposte.net>.

Posted by alpha_one_x86 <al...@laposte.net>.
Like that:
http://www.rapidssl.com/resources/csr/jakarta_tomcat.htm

Re: certificat in apache geronimo

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
How did you generate your keypair and certificate signing request?

++Vamsi