Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/25 05:36:09 UTC

run a java program in oozie

Hi,

Scenario:

I have a map-reduce program. I would like to schedule this program to run
every 'x' hours.

i believe this could be achieved using
${coord:hours(int n)}

But i also want to run a small java program which does some post processing
of reading the content from hdfs and put it to a relational database.

Any pointer on how this can be done?

Regards

Re: run a java program in oozie

Posted by ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ <zo...@tid.es>.
If your directory or directories in HDFS represent tables of your
relational database, I would consider to take a loot at Sqoop.

Regards,

Zoraida.-

El 25/01/14 10:19, "Mohammad Islam" <mi...@yahoo.com> escribió:

>If MR and java code are dependent and need to be scheduled in every hour,
>you can write one workflow with two actions : MR action and followed by a
>java action. At last, scheduled the WF using a hourly coordinator.
>
>If you need more details about this, please let us know.
>
>Regards,
>Mohammad
>

>On Friday, January 24, 2014 8:37 PM, Vishnu Viswanath
><vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>Scenario:
>
>I have a map-reduce program. I would like to schedule this program to run
>every 'x' hours.
>
>i believe this could be achieved using
>${coord:hours(int n)}
>
>But i also want to run a small java program which does some post
>processing
>of reading the content from hdfs and put it to a relational database.
>
>Any pointer on how this can be done?
>
>Regards

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:

Re: run a java program in oozie