Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ishan-jain <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/09 06:43:07 UTC

Cache over HDFS

I am using hdfs to store my data. I have to implement a cache on it for
faster use.
1. I tried implementing IGFS over it for acceleration but the problem is
that ignite file system cache cannot be accessed remotely so any data
visualization tool won't work on it. Is there a way to visualize the data.
By visualization i mean plotting various graphs and plots.
2. Implement Ignite cache (seperate from IGFS). If this is the case then how
to go about it.
Please Help me out.

Re: Cache over HDFS

Posted by ishan-jain <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have already tried accessing it with hive but the mapreduce function takes
up a lot of time.

Re: Cache over HDFS

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
If you implement Hive over HDFS, there is no reason to have IGFS in the first
place.

-Val

Re: Cache over HDFS

Posted by ishan-jain <ja...@gmail.com>.
Also i implemented hive over IGFS. Should i directly implement it over hdfs
or IGFS

Re: Cache over HDFS

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Access it via Hive (tez+llap) - you can connect to hive via any analytical tool
Hive provides the data on IGFS as tables that can be accessed by analytical tools.