Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/03/07 16:08:26 UTC

CVS and Umlaute within i18n messages

Hello ,

the last weeks I did some translations for the Lenya ui and today for
WoodyMessages. The problem is I have to use entities like &#246; to use
german Umlaute in translated texts. Otherwise the apache cvs screws up
my umlauts.

IMHO it is ugly to commit i18n texts containing entities.

Is it possible to modify cvs that it accepts german umlauts?

    Rolf Kulemann

RE: CVS and Umlaute within i18n messages

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <ko...@hotbox.ru>.
Not sure about this particular character, but in i18n samples there are a
lot of exotic characters which are in CVS for quite a long time and there
were no any issues with them.

Take a look at the german translation, I think that it should contain
umlautes (somewhere arround
webapp/samples/i18n/translations/messages_de.xml).

-- Konstantin   (kpiroumian@apache.org)