Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/18 23:42:03 UTC

Cloning just the content

To clone just lenya's content from one system to another, should it be
possible to just:

1) Shut down tomcat on both source and target system
2) copy from source system to the target system:

   .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/content/rcbak/content

3) Start up tomcat again on the source and target systems

...assuming that the two installs of lenya are similar (previously copied
from one to the other, in fact), and lenya is hung off of tomcat on both
systems?

Thanks!

Re: Cloning just the content

Posted by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:49:30 +0000, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:13:00 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Dan Stromberg schrieb:
>>> To clone just lenya's content from one system to another, should it be
>>> possible to just:
>>>
>>> 1) Shut down tomcat on both source and target system 2) copy from
>>> source system to the target system:
>>>
>>>    .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/content/rcbak/content
>>
>> that would just include the revision control files, not the actual
>> content. You should also include the search index and policy files,
>> probably also the users and groups.
>
> Here are my guesses as to where these various things are.  Am I close?
>
> 1) content under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - just copy the whole
> thing 2) revision control under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - just copy
> the whole thing (once)
> 3) search indices under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - they seem to be
> mixed in
> 4) policy files under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - they seem all under
> pubs/default/config
> 5) users under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/xslt and .../webapps/lenya/lenya/
> content - they seem all under here
> 6) groups under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/xslt and
> .../webapps/lenya/lenya/ content - they seem all under here
>
> Close?

Now that the holidays are behind us, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Re: Cloning just the content

Posted by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:13:00 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Stromberg schrieb:
>> To clone just lenya's content from one system to another, should it be
>> possible to just:
>>
>> 1) Shut down tomcat on both source and target system 2) copy from
>> source system to the target system:
>>
>>    .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/content/rcbak/content
>
> that would just include the revision control files, not the actual
> content. You should also include the search index and policy files,
> probably also the users and groups.

Here are my guesses as to where these various things are.  Am I close?

1) content under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - just copy the whole thing
2) revision control under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - just copy the
whole thing (once)
3) search indices under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - they seem to be
mixed in
4) policy files under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs - they seem all under
pubs/default/config
5) users under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/xslt and .../webapps/lenya/lenya/
content - they seem all under here
6) groups under .../webapps/lenya/lenya/xslt and .../webapps/lenya/lenya/
content - they seem all under here

Close?

>> 3) Start up tomcat again on the source and target systems
>>
>> ...assuming that the two installs of lenya are similar (previously
>> copied from one to the other, in fact), and lenya is hung off of tomcat
>> on both systems?
>
> Yes, this should work.

Oh good.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Cloning just the content

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

Dan Stromberg schrieb:
> To clone just lenya's content from one system to another, should it be
> possible to just:
>
> 1) Shut down tomcat on both source and target system
> 2) copy from source system to the target system:
>
>    .../webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/content/rcbak/content

that would just include the revision control files, not the actual
content. You should also include the search index and policy files,
probably also the users and groups.

> 3) Start up tomcat again on the source and target systems
>
> ...assuming that the two installs of lenya are similar (previously copied
> from one to the other, in fact), and lenya is hung off of tomcat on both
> systems?

Yes, this should work.

-- Andreas

--